Beyonce and Tiffany Haddish have moved on from the headlines that the “Girls Trip” star stirred up when she revealed earlier this year that she saw an unnamed actress bite the singer at a private party.
Variety caught up with Haddish on Thursday night at the City of Hope gala in Los Angeles, where Beyonce performed in honor of Jon Platt, the chairman and CEO of Warner/Chappell Music Publishing and soon-to-be chief of Sony/ATV.
“We’re not BFFs — we haven’t braided each other’s hair or anything, but we cool,” Haddish said.
Remember when we launched an international ‘who bit Beyoncé?’ investigation after Tiffany Haddish recently revealed an unnamed actress nibbled on the singer?
Okay, so the ‘investigation’ was more of a ‘whodunit’ online search, but that didn’t stop the Beyhive doing a serious deep dive into social media, pointing the finger at stars such as Sanaa Lathan and Sara Foster, who have both denied the accusation.
Well, on Wednesday Haddish finally opened up about the aftermath of the scandal, admitting she’s spoken to Queen Bey since the news went viral.
‘I didn’t think it was going to blow up like that… We’ve talked since then, and it’s been cool…. Nobody’s trippin’ except for everybody else,’ she told People.
I mean, no one is going to try to take a chunk out of Bey’s cheek and get away with it quietly, Tiff. Come on!
In the aftermath of the story, top suspect Latham denied being involved with the bite to Health, revealing: ‘I would never do anything malicious like that — to her, or to anyone,’ she revealed.
‘It’s so bizarre. I thought it was the funniest thing ever that it was a news story. It’s so crazy.
Meanwhile, Foster shut down the rumours with the humble explanation: ‘Flattering that anyone thinks I could get this close to Beyoncé.’